GEL BAE AT HOME NAIL REVEIW











One night while scrolling aimlessly on my phone, I came across a Facebook ad. 

Like usual I clicked it because I am a sucker for good advertisement and have no willpower what so ever to say no to anything online shopping. 


Gel Bae gel nail system. 




I've always gone through stages of having my nails done, but then price or upkeep gets too much, and I usually give it the flick. 

I promise myself I will maintain my natural nails, but we both know that never happens. 


So when I saw this nail system. Nails during the lockdown. Something for me to do, 100% money-back satisfaction guarantee I thought fuck it why not. 

It took close to 4 weeks to arrive so boredom and very average nails had settled in quite nicely and I know postage is taking a lot longer than usual because everyone else wants random shit off the internet too. It's all we can fucking do!


I didn't expect this to be easy. Yes, the video looked easy, but I knew better than that. However, I was confident that over time I'd get the hang of it. 


Craftsmanship was not the issue here. 

I figured out how much product I needed to use on these bad boys.

What filing, buffing, curing and shaping was needed, sure it needed perfecting here and there, like how the mould would lift while under the light and set looking like a verandah over my natural nails or if you squished it down too hard it comes out the sides of the mould, and you’ve fucked that nail. 



Anyway the colour 

I bought the "oh my blush" set 


A cute pastel range which I was excited to open up because I suck at painting nails. 


Clear


Transparent 


I could see my nails underneath. 


I had to paint over the top ffs 


Besides that, they all started lifting within days. After exactly a week, all are off - after reapplying mid-week because I know first attempts aren't always great. And my nail beds are not happy. 



Now for the best part. 


So I remembered the money-back guarantee. The thing that got me over the line when purchasing. 

I email the company with a screenshot of the guarantee and explain my unsatisfaction. 

They then proceed to tell me that change of mind can not be refunded. 

Excuse me? I haven’t just changed my mind. I'm not happy with the actual product! 

My reply was that my issue is the colour pigmentation. I purchased thinking it was solid block colours and instead I got transparent colours. I even added pictures to show what I meant. 

They then blamed screen res for that. 

I argued the point; the shade was not the issue; the solidity of the product was and also reminded them about the money-back guarantee and why I purchased in the first place. 


The reply I got then stated that the kit ordered did not apply to that guarantee 😂 , but I could return at my own cost, and they will send another pack, and the colours might be better.


I died a little and then gave up like they very much hoped I would because talking to brick walls has its limitations. 


So word to the wise. 


Think twice before getting this kit. 


Theoretically, it all sounds great, but I was highly disappointed and the fact my partner could see how shit they were spoke louder than anything because that man doesn’t notice shit.



Just for fun why not check out these wonderful reviews.


I wish I had before purchasing. Oops.


https://www.productreview.com.au/listings/gel-bae-poly-gel

No comments